5 Reasons to Love Fall/Autumn // Femme De Bloom

Leave a Comment

Hello friends, it’s me Melanie! For my next guest blog post, I wanted to take some time to highlight one of my favorite seasons. While summer was my childhood favorite (no school + my birthday in July!), I’ve come to truly love autumn/fall as I’ve become an adult for many different reasons…..and here they are (in no particular order)!
1: The COLORS
Mustard yellow, maroon, olive green, burnt orange, and more! I just adore the rich, warm colors associated with autumn so much and try to incorporate them in everything I do including makeup, fashion choices, home décor, etc.

The Natasha Denona Safari All Matte Eyeshadow Palette is one I’ve been eyeing this autumn. Some of these colors even work for other seasons! 



Target online also has some gorgeous fall décor (is there anything they don’t sell that I don’t need/want?)

I just purchased these pumpkin tealight holders from Pier One Imports and I am obsessed!


Wayfair also has some gorgeous fall wreaths on sale!


Plaid skirts using a fall color palette are an autumn ESSENTIAL for me! This is one I’ve been eyeing on Modcloth.com



My shop, FemmeDeBloom, also has some new autumn & Halloween accessories! Shop the collection here.


For my collar loving gals! Available here  in my shop!

                  It’s time to bust out the BOOTS & booties!  I’ve been eyeing  these cuties from  Forever 21
  
Totally obsessed with the Samantha Voodoo Vixen dress as well!  Available here.

2: Sweater/Cardigan weather

Now that it’s cooling down (in most parts of the world) it’s time to invest in some cardigans and sweaters! Here are some of my favorites!
Navy cropped cardigan from Campbell Crafts (more colors available!)






I adore the sleeves on this pullover from Madewell! 
 
3: Where my Pumpkin Lovers at? (Meeee! Edited by Lulu!)
 
Yes, I admit, I’m one of THOSE. I make it a point to try everything I possibly can that is pumpkin flavored  or scented during the season to the point where I vow to never eat pumpkin again! Of course, I break this vow when autumn comes around again because I completely forget how over it I was and the cycle continues! Here are some pumpkin goodies I’ll be trying this year!


You better believe I’m trying these pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls for breakfast baby!


So you can make your own pumpkin spice latte at home and save your Starbucks money!


This Yankee Candle is my favorite scent to fill my home for the holidays! It makes me want to eat all the pumpkin pie!


This might be a bit overboard for some people, but if you’re into tea this is one of my favorites for the fall season!  From Harney & Sons.
          

Every year I also like to try a new pumpkin themed baking recipe! I came across this recipe for pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting and I can’t wait to try it!

4: So much TV & not enough time

I spend a lot of time doing crafts in my little office…which means I listen to a lot of podcasts & audio books and binge watch a lot of TV! I love the fall because it means some of my favorite shows are back and there are new ones to watch! Some of my favorites include This Is Us, Grey’s Anatomy, The Goldberg’s, Blackish, Fresh Off The Boat, Handmaid’s Tale, Game of Thrones (although it never starts in the Fall ha!), Riverdale and SO MUCH MORE!!!!

Comment this post and tell me what you’ll be watching this TV season! I am always looking for new shows!
5: Halloween
Last but DEFINITELY not least…Halloween! It’s the best holiday ever! I love everything about Halloween including the treats, the colors, dressing up, & of course going to Disneyland (or other parks for those not in California/US).
For those looking for some cute Halloween & Halloween/Disney inspired accessories check out the Halloween collection from FemmeDeBloom!

Click here to shop this collection!



Need some Halloween costume ideas this year? Here are some of favorites I found on the interwebs! I lean toward DIY costumes because I think it can be a lot easier than you think to put together an outfit based on clothes you have with some extra creative touches!
DIY White Rabbit costume by Color Me Courtney


You can never go wrong with channeling your inner Audrey Hepburn! Costume idea from The Joy of Fashion  Blog

Omg you guys, I think I’m going to do this this year!!!!!  Isn’t this adorable?!  Another one from Joy of Fashion Blog

Mary Poppins! I love this idea! You can totally reuse all of this clothing too! Details available here.
                 
I would love to hear from you all regarding some of your favorite fall fashions, DIY Halloween costumes, fall activities or accessory shops so feel free to comment below and share!
Thank you for reading! 
Melanie x
Make sure to check out my shop FemmeDeBloom
Instagram: @femmedebloom
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig