Valentines Leftover Recipes // Eleanor Paige

Leave a Comment
Every February the 15th I sit and ponder “what on earth I am going to do with all this crappy candy I accumulated yesterday.” Seems like you get a sweetheart’s box here and a small heart box of chocolates there, and pretty soon you’re drowning in Candy. I’m going to be honest, I have not always been so lucky as to have a Valentine, but the past few years I have been blessed with a pretty darn good one. 
 Lucky for me my birthday is February 15th- half off candy day woohoo! SO what do I go do on my birthday?? Indulge in chocolate sales that I absolutely have no need to participate in other than I have no control and I love chocolate. I went out and bought several pounds of chocolate simply because it was cheap and because I could. Now what?
So this year I have decided to find ways to make more out of the chocolates than simply letting them go stale and throwing them away. First off-Valentines is sort of expensive, so these will be cheap silly ways to dress up some free or cheap chocolates! 
 So here is my list of Valentine’s truffles 4 ways:
1.Valentine Heart Box Chunk Brownies-
Ingredients-
Assorted truffles-whatever is your preference! I like the fruit filled kind-or the chocolate on chocolate. 
A box of brownies- what ever is your preference- I like the dark chocolate or the fudge. Make the brownies as you normally would and add truffles to the top. 
You can either crumble them with a knife or simply plop them on the brownies and let them make their own beautiful melty sauce.
Cost: 
Left over truffles- cheap or ½ off I bought a pound for 9 dollars (£7) // Box of brownies-$2.99 (£1.99)
On a plus you can use that adorable heart shaped box to load up your brownies and deliver to your belated valentine or Galentine!

2.Valentines leftover truffle hot chocolate 


This one is pretty self explanatory-I threw some chocolate on chocolate truffles in a mug with a splash of cashew milk (or any milk you prefer!) and out in the microwave for 30 seconds until they are nice and melty- and then add more milk and heat it up until it’s a perfect cup of truffle choco love!

**Bonus Recipe**Add coffee-and you have a double truffle mocha!
Cost: 
Truffles -leftover and free // Milk-depending on your preference- $1.99-$5.00 (98p-£3.00)
**bonus recipe** drip coffee-?
 3.Valentines Chocolate truffle-tini:


This one might be a bit iffy for you- It turned out ok for me ha! 

Ingredients:

Vodka that I had in the fridge- eyeball amount, Peppermint schnapps (I had this leftover from Christmas...oi!) eyeball amount, Chocolate truffles of choice, Tablespoon hot cocoa mix, Ice and a Shaker
Pop all ingredients in shaker (shake it shake it!) and strain into martini glass enjoy!
Cost:  
Left over vodka (the cheap stuff) $12.00 (£10.00) // Schnapps left over from Christmas- free or $9.00 (£7.00) // Left over or cheap truffles-free- $9.00 (£7.00) // Hot cocoa mix-$1.00 (From around £2) Ice-free? // Shaker?

4.Valentines Chocolate Truffles- a la carte


Ingredients:

A good chick flick-Bridget Jones for me! Definitely my guilty pleasure 
Leftover chocolates in box. Enjoy! 

Well there ya have it- some silly cheap ways to dress up your left over truffles!

Hugs and kisses!

Eleanor Paige <3
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig